NESDEC has been assisting school districts with executive searching since 1982. NESDEC
offers three levels of executive search.
Comprehensive Search: Covers active recruiting and all essential tasks involved in a search; includes the search services most often requested by school boards/committees. Comprehensive Search Services include:
- an experienced search consultant
- timeline development
- advertising campaign planning
- active recruitment through NESDEC’s exclusive regional and national network
- community needs assessment
- assistance in screening applications
- assistance with initial interviews and finalists
- management of all search details
- ongoing communication with board/committee
- entry planning
- governance retreat or executive coaching
Guided Search: Includes the use of an experienced search consultant and a choice of search components from the above list to complement your district’s search activities.
Strategic Leadership Search: A custom-designed search which includes all the services in a Comprehensive Search plus:
- a team of experienced executive search consultants
- extensive nation-wide recruitment
- options such as:
- development of strategic targets for use in subsequent superintendent/board/committee planning
- expanded national print media advertising campaign
- internet promotion
- polychromatic, booklet-style brochure
- promotional CD or DVD
- expanded on-site needs assessment including focus groups with an electronic participation component, personal/electronic stakeholder interviews, web conferencing opportunity, community forum, internet survey
- intensive personal interviewing
Why Choose NESDEC?
- NESDEC has been assisting school boards with executive searches for over 30 years.
- We have completed over 450 searches, more than any other individual or search firm in New England.
- We are a regional organization with strategic linkages to national organizations.
- We have done research work with both the American Association of School Administrators and the National School Boards Association.
- We value a district's affiliation, and so we are highly motivated to do the best search possible.
- We have search staff assigned to each New England state.
- We were the first organization to use an authentic focus group approach to our community needs assessment process.
- We added an active recruitment component to respond to the ongoing applicant shortage.
- We use the internet to reach candidates and to have them learn more about your district.
- We use email in addition to print brochures to announce vacancies and provide information.
- We conduct invitational workshops to interest practicing educators in becoming superintendents of schools.
- We offer a retreat with the new superintendent and school board to begin building a collaborative relationship. Our workshop is based on our published reports, "Getting There from Here: Creating a School Governance Team Capable of Raising Student Achievement", "Thinking Differently: 21st Century School Board/Leadership, Governance, and Teamwork for High Student Achievement" and "Improved Leadership for Improved Achievement."
- We provide an Entry Workshop to the new superintendent.
NESDEC has search staff that includes former superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, and school committee/board members, so they have held the very positions for which they are searching. NESDEC Associate Staff
CONTACT NESDEC: For more information about our services or for a cost proposal, please contact the NESDEC office at 508.481.9444 or email@example.com.