NESDEC offers two levels of educational specification development.
- Outline Educational Specifications: Outline specifications detail the number
and size of program areas, and serve as a preliminary step in seeking state assistance for renovation or construction projects. They may also serve as a basis for development of cost ranges.
- Pre-design Educational Specifications: These in-depth specifications detail
learning activities, number of pupils, size and shape of program spaces, relationship of
spaces, auxiliary space, equipment, technology requirements and environmental considerations,
as well as site considerations and community use potential. Pre-design Educational
Specifications assist the district in:
- providing the architect with the basis from which to develop design specifications
- justifying the educational need for the project
- describing the educational activities the proposed facilities would best accommodate
- determining the nature and scope of the project
- estimating the cost for the proposed facility
For more information about our services or for a cost proposal,
please contact the NESDEC office at 508.481.9444 or email@example.com