NESDEC has been assisting school districts with executive searching since 1982. We offer four levels of executive search.
Comprehensive Search: Covers active recruiting and all essential tasks involved in a search; includes the search services most often requested by school boards/ committees. Comprehensive Search Services include:
- an experienced search consultant
- timeline development
- advertising campaign planning
- active recruitment through NESDEC’s exclusive regional and national network
- community needs assessment
- assistance in screening applications
- assistance with initial interviews and finalists
- management of all search details
- ongoing communication with board/committee
- entry planning
Guided Search: Includes access to an experienced search consultant and a choice of district-selected search components to complement your district’s search activities.
Search Outreach: Enhance the district's own search activities by publicizing the executive vacancy through NESDEC's exclusive regional and national networks; a good option for small districts and also for building-level administrative openings.
Strategic Leadership Search: A custom-designed search which includes all the services in a Comprehensive Search plus:
- a team of experienced executive search consultants
- extensive nation-wide recruitment
- options such as:
- development of strategic targets for use in subsequent superintendent/board/committee planning
- expanded national print media advertising campaign
- internet promotion
- polychromatic, booklet-style brochure
- promotional CD or DVD
- expanded on-site needs assessment including focus groups with an electronic participation component, personal/electronic stakeholder interviews, web conferencing opportunity, community forum, internet survey
- intensive personal interviewing
Why Choose NESDEC?
- NESDEC has been assisting school boards with executive searches for over 30 years.
- We have completed well over 500 searches, more than any other individual or search firm in New England.
- We are a regional organization with strategic linkages to national organizations.
- Headquartered in New England since 1946, NESDEC has gained a deep understanding of the advantages, challenges, and cultural demands associated with being an educational leader in the region.
- We value a district's affiliation, and so we are highly motivated to do the best search possible.
- We were the first organization to use focus groups in our community needs assessment process.
- As part of our community needs assessment process, we conduct interviews of selected stakeholders, if requested.
- We have an active recruitment component to respond to the ongoing applicant shortage.
- We use online resources to reach candidates and to have them learn more about your district.
- We use email, social media, and print mailings and advertisings to announce vacancies and provide information.
- We conduct invitational workshops to interest practicing educators in becoming superintendents of schools.
- We provide an Entry Workshop for the new superintendent.
- We offer a fee-based retreat with the new superintendent and school board to begin building a collaborative relationship. Our workshop is based on our published reports, "Getting There from Here: Creating a School Governance Team Capable of Raising Student Achievement", "Thinking Differently: 21st Century School Board/Leadership, Governance, and Teamwork for High Student Achievement" and "Improved Leadership for Improved Achievement."
NESDEC has search staff that includes former superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, and school committee/board members, so they have held the very positions for which they are searching.
CONTACT NESDEC: For more information about our services or for a cost proposal, please contact the NESDEC office at 508.481.9444 or email@example.com.